The library generally has 10-15 long-term volunteers at any given time. These volunteers perform innumerable tasks and projects which could never be completed without their help.
Our volunteers assist in the following areas:
- Processing new material
- Cleaning and maintaining audio visual items
- Genealogy assistance
- Preparing material for the children's department
- Preparing displays
- Teaching computer classes
- Computer instruction - We are looking for people to teach basic computer instruction to small classes in our computer lab. Volunteers will need to have a high level of computer proficiency, as shown either through advanced training, computer related work, or past volunteering.
- Displays - The library is looking for a volunteer who can make displays in the adult services department to promote events and material. The volunteer should have a good eye for design, be able to use a computer, and be able to make attractive signage for the displays.
Volunteering for One Time Projects
If your organization or business would like to volunteer as a group for a one time project, please email Tiara Young. We particularly need assistance at booksale time in April and September.