The library generally has 10-15 long-term volunteers at any given time. These volunteers perform innumerable tasks and projects which could never be completed without their help.
Our volunteers assist in the following areas:
- Processing new material
- Cleaning and maintaining audio visual items
- Genealogy assistance
- Preparing material for the children's department
- Preparing displays
- Teaching computer classes
- Gardening - Currently, the library is looking for people interested in gardening and in maintaining the library's flower beds. Volunteers will need to have knowledge of types of plants vs. weeds and know general gardening techniques like weeding. The work is done outside.
- Computer instruction - We are looking for people to teach basic computer instruction to small classes in our computer lab. Volunteers will need to have a high level of computer profiency, as shown either through advanced training, computer related work, or past volunteering.
For more information, please see the library's Volunteer Policy.
Volunteering for One Time Projects
If your organization or business would like to volunteer as a group for a one time project, please email Stacy DeLano. We particularly need assistance at booksale time in April and September.