Vision & Mission
Your library is an essential source of knowledge and offers equal access for everyone in the community, providing educational resources for all ages and pursuits. It serves this community as a reliable technology and information center. The library is vitally important and can open doors as well as expand horizons throughout our lives. Your library supports literacy and lifelong learning.
The Stillwater Public Library is...
A Community of Information
- We foster the open exchange of ideas through a variety of formats
- We select and make accessible materials that support our patrons and their needs
- We equip our patrons with the tools necessary to seek out, process, and evaluate information
A Community of Service
- We provide a professional and well trained staff
- We value staff members who are friendly, approachable, and provide quality customer service
- We are passionate about meeting all people at their point of need and serving them
A Community of Accessibility
- We strive to be a gathering place that is welcome to all
- We provide services to people of varied backgrounds and needs
- We offer convenient and equal access to all materials, computers, programs, and information
A Community of Technology
- We offer cutting edge technology to give our patrons every opportunity to succeed
- We are investigating new technologies with an eye toward the future of libraries and how we can continue to improve our services
- We are committed to the expansion of virtual service that brings the library to the patron 24/7
...your community library.
As a core community service, the Stillwater Public Library will provide equal access to the best source of information, current technology, quality collections, outstanding programs, and exceptional service.
Transforming lives through the power of information.