Teen or Young Adult services are provided for anyone in grades 6-12.
Make Me: Creative Workshops for Teens
Unleash your creative genius! What can you make with books? t-shirts? computer parts? Workshops include guided projects like making a record player, a roll-up keyboard & more. You can also make anything you want to with the materials provided. Workshops are held on Sundays from 2:00-4:00 pm. You must sign-up for each workshop individually. Click on the links below to register.
NEW! TBD Teen Book Club (Grades 9-12)
Join our new book club run by and for teens! Read books like The Fault in Our Stars, Wicked, Speak, and Never Let Me Go. The club meets on the first Thursday of each month from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Contact Emily States to sign-up. Space is limited.
Teen Advisory Committee (TAC)
If you're interested in helping decide which programs and activities the library will have for teens, then join the advisory committee! You'll need to fill out the application and drop it off at the library or email it to Emily States.
CHANGE FOR FALL! Anime club will meet the second Friday of the month from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Stillwater Community Center (315 W. 8th) in Room 110, except on October 10 when we will have a special after hours event at the library.
Upcoming dates are October 10 (special event), November 14, and December 12. To join Anime Club email Emily States.
Video Game Design Club
CONTINUING FROM THE SUMMER! Our popular summer club has extended to the fall! It will now be held every other week on Fridays from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. Upcoming dates are September 12 & 26, October 10 & 24, November 7 & 21, and December 5. For more information, email Emily States.
Teen Summer Reading Program
Great prizes and weekly programs and activities are scheduled all summer long. The theme for 2015 is "Unmask!" It's going to be so much fun!
The Young Adult collection at Stillwater Public Library consists of fiction for both younger and older teens. There are books to appeal to a variety of interests-romance, mystery, humor, fantasy, sports, and more. We also have a growing collection of downloadable e-books and audiobooks featuring a special "room" that features titles just for teens. Check it out.
Award Books and Suggested Reading
- Oklahoma Sequoyah Book Award - These books are voted as best of the year by Oklahoma students.
- Hunger Games Read-Alikes - If you loved reading about Katniss Everdeen, try some of these great read-alikes.
- I'm With the Band - Love music? Read these novels about young adults and music, then listen to the suggested album that goes with each book.
- Michael L. Printz Award - This award honors excellence in literature written for young adults.
- William C. Morris Award - The Morris Award honors a book written for young adults by a first-time, previously unpublished author. The first award will be given in 2009.
- Margaret A. Edwards Award - The Edwards Award honors an author and a specific work for significant and lasting contribution to writing for teens.
- Alex Awards - The Alex Awards are given annually to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults.
- Best Books for Young Adults - Through 2010, this list compiles the current years best books with proven or potential appeal to teens. Beginning 2011, this list evolved into the Best Fiction for Young Adults list.
- Teens' Top Ten - This list allows teens to choose their ten favorite books from a list of current titles nominated by teen book groups. Nominations are listed in April. Teens vote for their favorite books in August and September. The votes are tallied and YALSA names the Teens' Top Ten during Teen Read Week.
- Best Fiction for Young Adults - This list compiles the best fiction written for teens in the previous sixteen months.
- Outstanding Books for the College Bound - Updated every five years, this comprehensive list provides reading recommendations to students who plan to continue their education beyond high school. The most recent list was released in 2009.
- Books in a Series - Find out the books in a series and their order.
|DATABASE||DESCRIPTION||LIBRARY LINK||REMOTE LINK||USER NAME & PASSWORD|
|Encyclopedia Britannica||Interactive, multi-media learning material for middle school students.||In Library||Remote||First five digits of your library card number|
Testing & Education Reference Center
ENDING SOON! This service expire Feb. 1, 2015 and will not be renewed. If you have comments about this service, please email email@example.com.
|Online practice tests, books and courses to prepare for standardized tests, including ACT, SAT & GED. Use with Mozilla Firefox.||In Library||Remote||Library card number|