Teen or Young Adult services are provided for anyone in grades 6-12.
If you're interested in help decided which programs and activities the library will have for teens, then join the advisory board by emailing Emily States.
The Anime Club meets on the second Saturday of the month from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. For more information, email Emily States.
Teen Summer Reading Program
Great prizes and weekly programs and activities are scheduled all summer long. Find out more.
The Young Adult collection at Stillwater Public Library consists of fiction for both younger and older teens. There are books to appeal to a variety of interests-romance, mystery, humor, fantasy, sports, and more.
Award Books and Suggested Reading
- Oklahoma Sequoyah Book Award - These books are voted as best of the year by Oklahoma students.
- Hunger Games Read-Alikes - If you loved reading about Katniss Everdeen, try some of these great read-alikes.
- I'm With the Band - Love music? Read these novels about young adults and music, then listen to the suggested album that goes with each book.
- Michael L. Printz Award - This award honors excellence in literature written for young adults.
- William C. Morris Award - The Morris Award honors a book written for young adults by a first-time, previously unpublished author. The first award will be given in 2009.
- Margaret A. Edwards Award - The Edwards Award honors an author and a specific work for significant and lasting contribution to writing for teens.
- Alex Awards - The Alex Awards are given annually to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults.
- Best Books for Young Adults - Through 2010, this list compiles the current years best books with proven or potential appeal to teens. Beginning 2011, this list evolved into the Best Fiction for Young Adults list.
- Teens' Top Ten - This list allows teens to choose their ten favorite books from a list of current titles nominated by teen book groups. Nominations are listed in April. Teens vote for their favorite books in August and September. The votes are tallied and YALSA names the Teens' Top Ten during Teen Read Week.
- Best Fiction for Young Adults - This list compiles the best fiction written for teens in the previous sixteen months.
- Outstanding Books for the College Bound - Updated every five years, this comprehensive list provides reading recommendations to students who plan to continue their education beyond high school. The most recent list was released in 2009.
- Books in a Series - Find out the books in a series and their order.
|DATABASE||DESCRIPTION||LIBRARY LINK||REMOTE LINK||USER NAME & PASSWORD|
|Encyclopedia Britannica||Interactive, multi-media learning material for middle school students.||In Library||Remote||First five digits of your library card number|
|Brainfuse HelpNow||Online tutoring, expert instruction, and self-study. Tutors are available each day from 2 pm to 11 pm. For live help, please enable Java Script.||In Library||Remote||Library card number|
|Testing & Education Reference Center||Online practice tests, books and courses to prepare for standardized tests, including ACT, SAT & GED. Use with Mozilla Firefox.||In Library||Remote||Library card number|