Tax Resources


All tax help appointments are full. Please scroll down, or contact the Help Desk for information about online help options at (405) 372-3633 x8106.

Please see below for online free file and virtual tax help options, or contact the Help Desk and a librarian can tell you about them. Computer and internet access are also available at the library. While librarians cannot answer tax-related questions or give tax advice, they can provide instruction for navigating websites and using library computers.

IRS is offering tax relief for all 77 Oklahoma counties affected by the winter storm that extends the federal tax deadline to June 15, 2021. The Oklahoma State Tax Commission will accept state tax returns until June 15 with no penalty.

2020 1040 Tax Forms & Instructions

  • 1040 forms have arrived!
  • 1040 instruction booklets have arrived! 

Oklahoma State Tax Forms

Oklahoma no longer sends paper forms to public locations. The library will not be receiving any paper copies.

Details for accessing state forms and additional federal forms are located below. If you know which forms you need library staff can print them out for you. Printing costs are 10 cents per page.

Federal Forms

All tax products, except for ones in duplicate and triplicate, are available to print online at the IRS website. You can also request copies to be sent to you via mail by using the online form or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).

State Forms

You can request hard copies of Oklahoma tax forms by calling (405) 521-3165 or 1-800-522-8165. Forms are also available to download online.

Business Forms

The IRS will no longer provide the library employment-related forms such as W-2, 1099 MISC, or 1096. You may call 1-800-829-3676 to request copies, as the versions available online are not eligible for mail-in. You can also order online.

IRS VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) 

Individuals who made $72,000 or less adjusted gross income in 2020 can file for free online using a link via the library’s website using IRS VITA through OnLine Taxes (OLT). Use this link to get started.

  • Lets you create an account so you can track your return
  • Provides easy Q&A guidance to fill out your 1040 form
  • Has no age restrictions
  • Provides e-file services for both federal and Oklahoma returns
  • Supports form 1040NR (Non Resident)
  • Supports Earned Income Tax Credit
  • Lets you view and print tax returns
Certified tax coaches are available to help if you have questions while using this free file service. Email with questions Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

Free Online Filing Options for Qualified Taxpayers

Several tax preparation sites offer free online filing for households that qualify. Some, but not all, of the services also offer free filing for state returns. Please carefully read the qualifications to determine which site offers the services you need.

AARP Online Tax Help AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers can offer virtual assistance to those needing help with tax preparation. You will need to submit a request for help.

Helpful Websites

Website reading for "Tax Planning for Retirees"

The links below are suggested reading from Dr. Dennis Bertholf, retired OSU Professor of Mathematics: