Take It Make It Kits
Search all kits with the series label Take It/Make It
- What is it? Explore the outdoors with the help of a high-quality binocular. This kit was generously provided by the Payne County Audubon.
- Kit Includes: Inside the blue Payne County Audubon bag is a Nikon binoculars in a case, Birds of North America Field Guide book, Folding Pocket Guide to Oklahoma Birds, and Birds of Payne County document.
- Check availability: Bird Watching
- What is it? A low cost, tiny computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It enables people of all ages to explore computing and to learn how to program.
- Kit Includes: Raspberry Pi 2 in case, Raspberry Pi camera board, wireless keyboard + 2 rechargeable AAA batteries, HDMI cord, USB hub, 16g micro sd card, anti-static wristband, one book, and a few simple project ideas. Monitor/tv needed for many projects.
- Get more info and projects: raspberrypi.org
- Check availability: Raspberry Pi
- What is it? Enable kids of all ages to create circuits and explore electronics using play dough.
- Kit Includes: Squishy Circuit Box [complete item list inside kit], 2 containers of playdough, 4 rechargeable AA batteries, and a Squishy Circuits book.
- Get more info and projects: squishycircuits.com
- Maker Tip: Play-doh works as a conductive dough and basic modeling clay works as an insulating dough.
- Check availability: Squishy Circuits
Arno for Arduino Kit
- What is it? A new approach to learning and teaching about Arduino. The Arno provides beginners with interesting circuits built right into the board, so they can focus on learning the basics of electronics and the Arduino language without needing to assemble and troubleshoot circuits.
- Kit Includes: Arno circuit board, USB cable, & a book that gives step-by-step instructions for 40+ projects without the need for external components. Computer needed to operate.
- Check availability: Arno for Arduino
- What is it? A simple robot designed for computer education. Supports over a dozen programming languages & environments.
- Kit Includes: finch robot, usb cord, and two books: Robotics: Discover the Science and Technology of the Future and The Robot Book. Computer needed to operate. Internet connection needed to download software and access free programming software (i.e. Scratch, Snap!, etc.). Links to software and more.
- Get more info and projects: www.finchrobot.com.
- Check availability: Finch Robot
- What is it? Lets you turn everyday objects into touchpads and combine them with the internet. It's a simple invention kit for beginners and experts doing art, engineering, and everything in-between. Computer needed to operate.
- Kit Includes: MaKey MaKey board, USB cable, alligator clips, and instruction sheet.
- Get more info and projects: makeymakey.com
- Check availability: MaKey Makey
- What is it? GoPro is a versatile camera that allows you to take action videos that can be made used for multimedia projects and shared.
- Kit Includes: 1 GoPro camera, a hard case with interchangeable backdoors, 1 GoPro mini USB cable, 1 micro SD card, 1 micro SD adapter, 1 tripod with adaptor mount, 1 book
- Get more info: Download to edit video
- Check availability: GoPro
- What is it? Get started with minor bicycle repairs at home with the Park toolbox bike repair kit.
- Includes: Park toolbox [complete item list inside kit] and two books: Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance and Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance.
- Check availability: Bike Repair
Lego EV3 Mindstorm Robot
- What is it? LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 makes building, programming and commanding your own LEGO robots smarter, faster, and more fun than ever. Follow the simple steps below and before you know it, you’ll be in control of robots that drive, shoot, slither, walk, slam, and spin – to name just a few of the actions that come with this awesome robotics set.
- Includes: Set includes pieces and instructions for building five LEGO Mindstorms robots with touch, color, and infrared sensors. The Intelligent EV3 brick allows you to command and control robots that walk, talk, think, and do anything you can imagine.
- Get more info: https://www.lego.com/en-us/mindstorms/about-ev3
- Check availability: Mindstorm Robot
OSMO Genius Kit
- What is it? Osmo is an award-winning game system that changes the way children interact with the iPad and iPhone by opening them up to hands-on play.
- Kit Includes: 1 Base Box that includes an iPad stand and reflector, a Numbers Box (arrange physical tiles, including dots and digits, to make numbers and complete levels), a Words Box (use on-screen clues to guess the secret word, and zoom letter tiles into the play space to spell answers), and a Tangram Box (arrange tangible puzzle pieces into matching on-screen shapes). Other games including Masterpiece (turns the iPad into a drawing tool) and Netwon (uses physics for creative problem solving)
- Get more info: https://www.playosmo.com/en/
- Check availability: OSMO
- What is it? An awesome first microscope for young scientists!
- Kit Includes: 1 Duo Scope Microscope, 2 rechargeable batteries, 1 box of 25 slides, and a book The World of the Microscope.
- Check availability: Microscope
- What is it? Get started playing with a ukulele.
- Includes: One orange ukulele, beginner's book, and a big book of sheet music.
- Get more info: Intro Tutorial Cord Tutorial
- Donated by: Stillwater Ukulele Association
- Check availability: Ukulele
- What is it? Get started playing with a cajon drum.
- Includes: Cajon drum
- Get more info: Intro Tutorial Tips for Getting Started Groove Guide
- Check availability: Cajon Drum
- What is it? Get started playing with a digital sampler/sequencer and synthesizer.
- Includes: Korg Volca Sample with a power adapter, Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator PO-16 Factory Synthesizer with 2 AA rechargeable batteries, headphones, and a mini stereo cable.
- Get more info: Korg Volca Sample Tutorial PO-16 Demo/Tutorial Using them Together
- Check availability: Synth
- What is it? Get started playing with a xylophone.
- Includes: 25 note xylophone
- Get more info: Links coming soon!
- Check availability: Xylophone
- What is it? A percussion set for the little ones - ages 3 and up!
- Includes: 2 maracas, 2 egg shakers, 1 pair of wrist bells, 1 small sleigh bell, 1 large sleigh bell, 1 triangle with striker, 2 finger castanets, 2 claves, 1 tambourine, and 1 handle castanet.
- Check availability: Young Percussion
- Give us your suggestions
Send information and ideas about kits you'd like to see us add or ask more questions about our current kits by email Elizabeth Murray.