Summer Reading Program 2022: Oceans of Possibilities
Registration is now open! Sign up here: bookpoints.library.stillwater.org
NOTICE: The Stillwater Public Library is canceling the Storywalk® Family Fun Night at Strickland Park on Thursday, July 21 and the outdoor film screening on Friday, July 22, due to extreme heat conditions.
- Register for summer reading on BookPoints!
- Start reading! You can track the time you read from May 23 until July 31. And yes, EVERYTHING counts! Audiobooks, graphic novels, magazines – you name it.
- Print a paper reading log at home or pick up a paper log in the library (please register online before starting reading logs/tracking)
- All ages - kids, teens, and adults are encouraged to participate.
Every 5 hours (300 minutes) All ages earn a small prize including food coupons from local businesses, while supplies last. Small prizes can be picked up as they are earned.
At 10 hours (600 minutes) Kids (0-5th grade) earn a free book that can be picked up after July 31. One per child.
At 15 hours (900 minutes) Teens (6th-12th grades) earn a free book that can be picked up after July 31. One per teen.
At 20 hours (1200 minutes) Adults (ages 18+) earn a coupon for a free book from the Friends of the Stillwater Public Library’s book sale! Coupons may be picked up after July 31. One coupon per adult.
Grand Prize Drawing (Every 5 hours/300 minutes) Earn an entry in the grand prize drawing for every 5 hours read. One prize will be awarded at the end of summer reading in each age group – kids, teen, and adult. Winners can select one of the following, not to exceed $150:
- Membership to the Jenks Aquarium
- Gift card to a local business
- Lifetime membership to the Friends of the Stillwater Public Library
Digital Badges Complete extra challenges in BookPoints to get you in the spirit of the summer reading theme and to earn digital badges.
This summer we’re excited to announce the return of in person programs! There will not be as many as in previous years and they will primarily take place outdoors. There are programs for kids, teens, adults and all ages.
Click here to see a listing of all summer reading programs. Registration for outdoor programs is not required, but it does help librarians plan appropriately, and you can get a reminder! All adult indoor programs require registration due to space limitations. Please sign-up for individual programs here.