National Stroke Association http://www.stroke.org
- This user-friendly site features simple explanations of different kinds of strokes, tips on preventing strokes and identifying risk factors, help spotting a stroke, what to expect at the hospital, questions to ask your doctor and questions to ask your therapist after diagnosis, help finding a support group, and information about clinical trials.
American Stroke Association http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG
- The American Stroke Association, in partnership with the American Heart Association, has links for identifying warning signs of stroke, explaining types of stroke, diagnosing and treating stroke, living as a stroke survivor, fact sheets, and an online support group & forum for stroke survivors as well as their caregivers.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: Stroke http://www.cdc.gov/stroke
- The CDC Stroke page offers links on signs and symptoms, risk factors, prevention, and patient fact sheets and other information. For additional information, it links out to the CDC Division for Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention.
- Provides links for treatment, self-assessment for risk factors, clinical trials and recent studies, and more.
Pubmed: Cerebrovascular Accident (Stroke) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0024234
- Pubmed’s Stroke page provides in-depth information about symptoms and mechanics of different types of stroke, diagnostic tests, treatments for different types of stroke, stroke prevention, clinical trials, and other stroke-related research.
Medline Plus: Stroke https://medlineplus.gov/stroke.html
- Medline Plus’s Stroke page provides in-depth information about symptoms & mechanics of different types of stroke, diagnostic tests, treatments for different types of stroke, stroke prevention, clinical trials, and other stroke related research. Many of the resources are also available in Spanish.
Health Guru: Stroke http://conditions.healthguru.com/video/understanding-stroke
- Health Guru provides many videos related to the mechanics of different types of strokes, risk factors, symptoms, and recovery. NOTE: videos begin autoplaying once the site loads. Simply press pause and scroll down to select the video you would like to watch.