Librarian Approved Research Links
- OK Driver's Manual (http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/okdm.html) Online Oklahoma driver's manual from the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety.
- Kelly Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com/) Online car pricing guide.
- NADA Guide (http://www.nadaguides.com/) Online car pricing guide.
CALENDARS OF EVENTS
- City of Stillwater
- OSU Athletics
- OSU Activities Calendar
- Stillwater Chamber of Commerce
- Stillwater Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Stillwater Public Schools
- Stillwater Public Library
- Learn Free (http://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics) Amazing array of computer program tutorials in interactive and video format.
- New User Tutorial (http://tech.tln.lib.mi.us/tutor) Helpful exercise to learn how to use the mouse and other basics.
- Oklahoma Joblink (https://servicelink.oesc.state.ok.us) Oklahoma's largest listing of open position throughout the state. Requires a short registration.
- Oklahoma Job Match (https://www.okjobmatch.com) Oklahoma's Dept. of Commerce new job listing site for positions in Oklahoma.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (http://www.bls.gov/oco)The US Department of Labor's annual publication giving information on job title specific training and education needs, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, job conditions, and information about job market in each state.
- Oklahoma State University Jobs (http://hr.okstate.edu/employment-opportunities) Listing of available position and online application.
- Stillwater Businesses and Organizations (http://virtualpet.com/stwlinks) A great local guide to most area business websites. A good tool to use for searching business sites for online job postings. A few links are out of date.
- USA Jobs (https://www.usajobs.gov) Search for federal jobs by position or location.
- MayoClinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com) Updated daily, the site offers articles on illnesses and diseases, drugs, first aid and more.
- MEDLINEplus (http://www.medlineplus.gov) An inclusive searchable directory and database of government health information.
- Oklahoma Medical Board (http://www.okmedicalboard.org/search) Search for physicians in Oklahoma based on speciality and location; check disciplinary background in Oklahoma.
- PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed) PubMed provides citations for medical journal articles and links to full text articles if they are available. These articles often include highly technical information.
LANGUAGE & CITATIONS
- Babelfish (http://www.babelfish.com) Translate words, phrases or entire webpages in hundreds of languages.
- MLA Style (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01) Explantions and examples from Purdue's writing lab.
- APA Style (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/664/01) Comprehensive walkthrough from Purdue's writing lab.
- AP Style (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/735/02) Explantions and examples from Purdue's writing lab.
- Oklahoma State Court Network (www.oscn.net) Research Oklahoma statutues and case law, check upcoming dockets, search and view past filings in major county courts.
- On Demand Court Records (http://www1.odcr.com) Check past court filings in participating county courts.
- Municode (http://www.municode.com/Library) Online codes for many cities across the nation, including Stillwater.
- FindLaw (http://www.findlaw.com/casecode) Searchable listing for federal and state case law, statutes, codes and regulations.
- Internet Legal Resource Guide (http://www.ilrg.com/forms/index.html) An index of links to free forms posted on the internet. NOTE: this site gives free examples, but also offers fee-based forms.
- `Lectric Law Library (http://www.lectlaw.com/formb.htm) An odd site that nevertheless has one of the larger collections of free leagl forms.
- Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Locator (http://www.martindale.com) Contains more that 900,000 listings of U.S. lawyers and law firms, organized by state and by type of practice.
- Oklahoma Bar Association (http://www.okbar.org/public/Public.aspx) Search for an Oklahoma attorney by location or area of practice, read Oklahoma specific legal summaries and find out how to file a complaint about an attorney.
- OK Law (http://oklaw.org) Oklahoma specific legal explanations from Legal Aid of Oklahoma.
- US Geological Survey (http://nationalmap.gov/viewer.html) National topographical maps.
- OK Dept. of Transporation (http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/maps/county) In depth county maps for Oklahoma.
- Merck Veterinary Manual (http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/index.html) Professional animal health information.
- ASPCA Poison Control (http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control) Database of poisonous plants and substances for your pets.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (http://www.noaa.gov) National weather forecasts and severe weather alerts.
- Tornado Safety Tips (http://ehs.okstate.edu/chapters/tornado_Q.htm)
- City of Stillwater Severe Weather Preparedness Information