Register for Library Programs
To register for a Stillwater Public Library Program, please follow the directions below the program for which you want to attend.
- Pre-registration is required. Sign-up online & get more details.
- Topics include Windows 10, Email, Microsoft Word, and more. View the flyer.
- There is a one-time book charge of $17 that will be used for all lessons. Some classes are free and others cost $15.
- To register, call the Adult Help Desk at 405-372-3633 x 8106 or email email@example.com.
COOKBOOK CLUB (2nd Thursdays @ Prairie Arts Kitchen from Feb. 14 - May 9, 6:30-8 p.m.)
Cookbook club is currently full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
- Cook around a shared theme, meet, share, eat and discuss!
- For additional information, email email@example.com.
MAKING THE MOST OF RETIREMENT (Third Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.)
- No registration is necessary to attend these programs for retirees.
- Retirement and nursing care center program coordinators or individual caregivers may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEEN PROGRAMS (More information about teen programs)
- Read, earn prizes, and attend programs! Get all of the details.
- Register here and track your reading online using your Wandoo account.
TEEN ANIME CLUB (Second Fridays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- To register, email email@example.com. Drop-ins and friends are welcome!
TEEN ADVISORY COMMITTEE (1st Fridays from 5:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Download and print the application or stop by the library to pick up a copy. Return the completed application to the library or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS (More information about children's programs)
Homeschool R.E.A.D! First session of fall semester is Sept 9th
R.E.A.D!= Reading, Explorations, and Discovery! Homeschooler program for 1st-5th graders to help explore the wide world of literature. Each month a different literary genre will be presented. It is a two-part program each month, with the first session introducing the new genre and the second session providing time to share a special project. Held on the 1st & 3rd Monday of the month at 2:30pm (subject to change due to holidays)
Kid's Writing Club First session is August 22nd
Writing program hosted by the OSU Writing Center!!! Geared towards 8-12 years old. Held on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month from 6:00-8:00 p.m. (may end early depending on writing styles). Only held when OSU in session- last fall class will be Nov 14th.
Writing Club incorporates various literacy activities which may reflect the book the group is reading or other activities that give the group opportunities to practice writing. Previous literacy activities have included writing short stories, letter writing, poems, and practicing chain stories; participants are always more than welcome to suggest activities that they are interested in practicing/learning. Participants do not need to have attended previous classes, all are welcome.
ACTIVATE SATURDAY Resumes on Sept 28
Last Saturday of the month. Try out a variety of bonus activities to activate your Saturday library time! Most activities will be similar to Try It Tuesdays earlier in the month.
Try-It Tuesday Resumes on Sept 3
Try-It Tuesday is a variety of bonus activities to do for children k-5th when visiting the library on Tuesdays from 3:30-5:30p.m. New activities each week, learn, and play at your own pace. Building activities (such as LEGO) will be the first Tuesday of each month.
- 9/3 Lego Building
- 9/10 Slime
- 9/17 Popsicle Puzzle making
- 9/27 Suncatcher making
- 10/1 Lego Building
- 10/8 TBD
New program on Fridays from 4:30-5:30pm! Play games against other chess players to improve your game and perfect your strategies. Best for grades 4th and older, knowledge basic chess moves greatly preferred.
1000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN (year-round reading program for birth through entering Kindergarten)
For more information or to register you may also call the Children's Help Desk at 405-372-3633 x 8108 or email ChildrensReference@stillwater.org.