Register for Library Programs
To register for a Stillwater Public Library Program, please follow the directions below the program for which you want to attend.
BIBLIO BISTRO: CANNED BOOK TALK (Thursday, April 25, 6:30 p.m.)
- Join Dr. Anna Zeide, local author and food historian, as she discusses her James Beard nominated book Canned: The Rise and Fall of Consumer Confidence in the American Food Industry.
- Registration is requested but not required. Please sign-up here.
- We will also discuss our new "Biblio Bistro" series and the library's educational food cart.
FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH SERIES (Saturdays, April 13, April 27 & May 18, 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Three-part series that covers the Fundamentals (April 13), Beyond the Basics (April 27) and DNA & Genetics (May 18) presented by the Payne County Genealogical Society
- Want to explore your family history but don't know how to start? Want to learn how to do more effective research? Find out more about the series and what is covered in individual workshops here.
- Registration is not required but preferred. Sign-up here.
FREE CONFIDENTIAL COGNITIVE SCREENINGS (Friday, April 19)
- Graduate students from OSU's Dept. of Communication Sciences and Disorders will conduct free one-on-one cognitive screenings under the supervision of professors
- Registration is required. Contact the Adult Help Desk at (405) 372-3633 x8106 to schedule an appointment.
MERIDIAN COMPUTER CLASSES @ THE LIBRARY
- See the complete schedule & register here.
- Free & low cost computer and technology classes on a variety of topics
- Contact the Adult Help Desk with questions, or if you need help getting signed up.
COMPUTER TUTORING (By appointment)
- To register, call the Adult Help Desk at 405-372-3633 x 8106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKBOOK CLUB (2nd Thursdays @ Prairie Arts Kitchen from Feb. 14 - May 9, 6:30-8 p.m.)
Cookbook club is currently full. Please contact the Help Desk at 405-372-3633 x8106 to be added to the waiting list.
- Cook around a shared theme, meet, share, eat and discuss!
- For additional information, email email@example.com.
MAKING THE MOST OF RETIREMENT (Third Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.)
- No registration is necessary to attend these programs for retirees.
- Retirement and nursing care center program coordinators or individual caregivers may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEEN PROGRAMS (More information about teen programs)
Girls who code (Fridays at 4:15 Jan. 11 - March 15th)
- Curious about coding? Want to learn how to program all those apps you use? Become a founding member of our new Girls Who Code club! Register here.
TEEN ANIME CLUB (Second Fridays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- To register, email email@example.com. Drop-ins and friends are welcome!
TEEN ADVISORY COMMITTEE (1st Fridays from 5:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Download and print the application or stop by the library to pick up a copy. Return the completed application to the library or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS (More information about children's programs)
Healthy Kids Cook
Learn kitchen safety and 3 hands on recipes with the library's Biblio Bistro. Held on May 7, 14, & 21 at 4pm. Must register in advance. For ages 5-7 with an adult. Space is limited.
ACTIVATE SATURDAY - ***New Weekend Program***
Last Saturday of the month from 10am-12pm. Try out a variety of bonus activities to activate your Saturday library time! Most activities will be similar to Try It Tuesdays earlier in the month.
R.E.A.D!= Reading, Explorations, and Discovery! Homeschooler program for 1st-5th graders to help explore the wide world of literature. Each month a non-fiction section of the Dewey Decimal System will be presented. It is a two-part program each month, with the first session introducing the new non-fiction area and the second session providing time to share a special project. Held on the 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month at 2 p.m. Held Sept- April
READ, WRITE, RE'PETE'
Writing program hosted by the OSU Writing Center!!! Geared towards 8-12 years old. Each session will start with a variety of writing exercises and allow for ample writing time. Held on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month from 6:00-8:00 p.m. (may end early depending on writing styles). Held when OSU is in session.
Sign up here to get reminder emails. Drop-ins and parents are more than welcome!
Try-It Tuesday is a variety of bonus activities to do for children K-5th grand when visiting the library on Tuesdays from 3:30-5:30 p.m. New activities each week, learn and play at your own pace. Held Sept-April.Get a reminder email for Try-it Tuesday here
1000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN (year-round reading program for birth through entering Kindergarten)
For more information or to register you may also call the Children's Help Desk at 405-372-3633 x 8108 or email ChildrensReference@stillwater.org.