The children's library contains books appropriate for all ages and reading levels. Our collection includes:
- Board Books - small, tough books with simple words and bright, colorful pictures for babies and toddlers.
- Easy Picture Books - large books filled with detailed illustrations to capture young children's attention and stories with longer, more complex sentences meant to be read to a child by a caregiver.
- Easy Readers - the first books children read on their own. Short stories with large print and easy to read words. Easy Readers are marked to indicate suggested reading level.
- Juvenile Books - chapter books, both fiction and non-fiction generally intended to be read by a child.
- Hanging Bag Books with CDs - kits that contain a children's picture book with an accomapnying CD which follows the book word for word.
- CD Books - Children's books in audio format, mostly unabridged versions, perfect for family car trips.
Oklahoma Virtual Library
Oklahoma Sequoyah Reading Award
Stillwater Public Library has copies of all the books on Sequoyah Reading list.
With this award, Oklahoma honors the Native American leader Sequoyah, for his unique achievement in creating the Cherokee syllabary. Sequoyah chose eighty-five symbols to represent all spoken sounds of the Cherokee language. In so doing, he created a way to preserve his people's language and culture. More...
View the Sequoyah Award lists, including current nominees, past nominees and past winners.
Other Book Awards
- National Book Award for Childrens Works
- Caldecott Award
- Coretta Scott King Award
- (Theodore Seuss) Geisel Award
- Newbery Medal
Check for accelerated titles by using AR Bookfinder.
Search School Catalogs
- Highland Park Elementary School catalog
- Richmond Elementary School catalog
- Sangre Ridge Elementary School catalog
- Skyline Elementary School catalog
- Westwood Elementary School catalog
- Will Rogers Elementary School catalog
- Stillwater Middle School catalog
Books in Series
Find the order of books in children's series at: