READ LOCAL Authors Fair
The READ Local authors fair will be held Saturday, OCT. 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The purpose of the event is to introduce readers to local authors and to give local authors a forum for selling their books.
40 Oklahoma authors are invited to set up a booth and sell books to the public.
To provide community members with a wide array of authors, we ask that authors register for booths on a rotating basis.
This event will be held in the Stillwater Public Library auditorium at 1107 S. Duck. Authors will be provided a table for booth space which may be set up at the authors’ discretion. Sales will be made through the authors. Chairs will also be provided. A limited number of “booth” spaces will have electrical outlets nearby.
- Special Guest: William Bernhardt
- Children’s writing stations
- Teen writing class
- Food Trucks
- Giveaways every 30 minutes
Fee & Registration
- FREE with a donation of a book by the author the library does NOT own or $10.
- The fair is limited to 40 authors. To register, fill out the application at http://tinyurl.com/readlocal2014.
- Registrations must be completed by Monday, Sept. 15.
We encourage you to distribute the READ LOCAL flyer through social media, email lists and by posting in your community.
Schedule of events
- 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Check-in for Authors
- 10:45 a.m. Booths must be complete
- 11 a.m. Doors open to the public
- 2 p.m. Event ends
- The library has ample parking, but we do ask that you park in the North East section of the parking lot in between the library building and the Multi-arts building. We would like to leave the close parking for our attendees, please.
- Please enter the building through the WEST entrance, the one by Duck Street. From the West entrance, you will enter our lobby which has an elevator or stairs up to the 2nd floor.
Check-in and Set-up time
- Check-in and set-up begins at 8 a.m. and will end at 10:30 a.m.
- Authors will need to be completely set-up by 10:45 p.m., please.
- Upon check-in, you will receive your name tag and a map with the table assignments.
- Please provide your donated books or $10 registration fee at check-in. If you choose to pay the fee, we can accept cash or checks.
The library will provide
- A standard six foot long table
- Name Tags
- Unfortunately, we will not have electrical outlets to provide to each booth.
Authors will need to provide
- Books to sell, money box, receipts
- Pamphlets, bookmarks or other contact information
- Decorations for tables
- Table covering, if desired
- Book easels
- Anything needed for book sales, including change.
- Sales will be made through the authors.
- Any taxes, if applicable, will be the responsibility of the authors.
Door Prize Cards
- Each member of the public who comes to the fair will receive a door prize card.
- Entry into the drawings is dependent on getting a certain number of author’s signatures.
- Once a person visits your booth, please initial their card.