Programs for Children
Calendar of Events - check all of the events, dates and times at the library.
Public storytimes are presented for parents and caregivers/babysitters accompanying their own children.
- Babytime is a program designed for babies, birth to 12 months old. Babies will discover books, songs and rhymes. This storytime will be held each Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. through the school year.
- Toddler Time will be held at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. each Thursday. It allows children age 1-3 to interact with stories, songs and movement activities. Toddler Time will also run through the school year.
- Preschool Storytime is suggested for children age 2-5. It is held year round every Monday and Friday at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. This traditional storytime features stories, songs, rhymes, films and take home crafts.
- Family Storytime will be held each Monday at 7 p.m. year round. Family Storytime includes a story, songs, films and take home crafts. It is open to children and families of all ages.
Supervising adults are requested to accompany their children and to take them outside if they become disinterested or disruptive.
Daycare and School Storytimes
Preschool storytimes are offered for day care institutions, public and private preschools and for individuals who provide in-home child care. Supervising adults are responsible for the behavior and safety of the children in their group. Times may be arranged by calling the children's services office: 405-372-3633 Ext. 8116.
Groups may attend a scheduled storytime once a month from September through May.
The LEGO Club is open to elementary school children (K-5th) and meets on the following days of the month:
- First Wednesday 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Second Wednesday 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Third Thursday 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
LEGO blocks are provided for use and each session has a different building theme. Registration is required.
Picking Up STEAM: a Library Laboratory for K-3
STEAM= Science, Technology Engineering, Arts & Mathematics. Our new program for K-3 encourages young elementary students & their parents to wonder, experiment, and create at our monthly workshops. This fall we will explore our senses on the Second Tuesday of each month from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additional sessions will be added based on registration numbers. Registration is required.
- Sight Sept 9th 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Filled, second session Sept 16th 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Sound Oct 14 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Taste & Smell Nov 11 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Touch Dec 9 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Reading Program
The library's summer reading program is one of the largest in the state. It includes a reading club, incentives for achieving reading goals, weekly performances by fun entertainers, weekly family films and chances to win end of summer grand prizes. For more information about the summer reading program, visit "Summer @ the Library."