How to Place a Hold
Library materials which are "checked out" or "in process" may be placed on hold.
NOTE: Materials "in process" have been ordered, but they have not been received or are currently being prepared for shelving.
Customers will be contacted by telephone as soon as the requested item becomes available. Requested materials will be held for up to three days at the Check In/Out desk.
- Select "Online Catalog" from the dropdown menu under "Find a Book".
- "Search the Catalog" by entering the author, title, subject, or keyword in the search box.
- Click the "Details" button on the desired item.
- Verify the item's LOCATION. Only items that are listed as "INPROCESS" or "CHECKEDOUT" may be placed on hold.
- Select "Place Hold" from the left column.
- On the next screen, enter your library card number (under the barcode on the back of your card) or alternate id in the appropriate box. Do not include spaces. If you wish, you may also enter a date that the hold will expire.
- Click the "Place Hold" button.
- The next screen will verify the item placed on hold. Click "OK" to return to the item's description.
NOTE: Holds cannot be placed:
- if the item is available in the library
- if you have not accurately enter your borrower's card number
- if there are overdue materials or fines totaling $5.00 or more on your account.