How to Place a Hold
Library materials which are "checked out" or "in process" may be placed on hold.
NOTE: Materials "in process" have been ordered, but they have not been received or are currently being prepared for shelving.
Customers will be contacted by phone or email as soon as the requested item becomes available. Requested materials will be held for up to three days at the Checkout desk.
- Search the Catalog by entering the author, title, subject, or keyword in the search box.
- If an item is showing 0 Available, click "Place Hold."
- On the next screen, enter your library card number.
- Click the "Place Hold" button.
- The next screen will verify the item placed on hold. Click "OK" to return to the item's description.
NOTE: Holds cannot be placed online:
- if the item is checked in and on the shelf
- if you have not accurately enter your borrower's card number
- if there are overdue materials or fines totaling $5.00 or more on your account.