How to Place a Hold
Customers can place holds on items that are checked in, checked out, or on order/in-process. There is a limit of 15 holds per account at one time. Customers will be contacted by phone, email or text as soon as the requested item becomes available. Requested materials will be held for up to three days at the Checkout desk.
- Search the Catalog by entering the author, title, subject, or keyword in the search box.
- Click "Place Hold."
- On the next screen, enter your library card number.
- Click the "Place Hold" button.
- The next screen will verify the item placed on hold. Click "OK" to return to the item's description.
Items that are currently on the shelf will be pulled by 10:00am the next day (2:00pm Sundays). Placing a hold on an item in the library does not guarantee availability as our inventory changes often. Holds are available for pickup only after notification.
If an item is checked out or in-process, customers will be placed on a waiting list and notified when the item is checked in.
Customers who will be unable to pick up a hold due to travel or lack of time, but wish to remain on the list may suspend a hold. Your name will keep advancing up the list, but the library will not put the item aside, and other customers will be able to check it out, until a reactivation date.
- Log in to your library account.
- Click the Hold tab.
- Select the item you want to suspend and click “Suspend Hold(s).”
- Enter a start and end date and click “Suspend.”
If you have been unable to place a hold or have any questions, please call (405) 372-3633 x8111 for assistance.