´Meridian @ Your library' offers new series of computer classes
(STILLWATER, OKLA. / Jan. 7, 2019) –Stillwater Public Library and Meridian Technology Center are excited to offer a new and diverse schedule of free and low-cost computer and technology classes that take place from Jan.18-April 30 in the library’s computer lab.
“Meridian @ Your Library” includes repeats of popular classes like “First Steps in Using Your iPhone,” but also incorporates topics aimed at community members looking to gain skills that focus on job searching and building computer skills that are essential in the workplace.
“We put together the schedule with several classes to help individuals that are trying to re-enter or improve their standing in the job market, but are not tech-savvy” said Kim Strom, Coordinator of Computer Training Services at Meridian Technology Center. “We are offering a wider variety of classes this spring that will hopefully be useful and accessible to the Stillwater Community.”
“Meridian @ Your Library” classes take place on Tuesday evenings and Friday mornings. Specific classes include:
- Jan. 18: "Hey Google…" Get Assistance with Google Home, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $49 (includes a Google Home Mini)
- Jan. 22: Job Seekers: Resumes and Cover Letters using Microsoft Word, 6-8 p.m. - FREE
- Feb. 1: First Steps in Using Your iPhone, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - FREE
- Feb. 15: Remind Me How: iPhone or Android Help That You Need, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - FREE
- Feb. 19: Job Seekers: Setting up a Gmail Account, 6-7 p.m. - FREE
- March 1: Finding Your Way with Google Maps, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $19
- March 5: Job Seekers: Using Key Features of Gmail, 6 -7 p.m. - FREE
- March 12: Job Seekers: 10 Basic Tech Skills You Should Have in Today's Workplace, 6 -8 p.m. - $19
- April 9: Job Seekers: Bare Essentials of Microsoft Excel, 6 -8 p.m. - $19
- April 12: Google Photos: The Best Thing Since Photo Albums, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $19
- April 26: iPhone Texting and Face Time, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $19
- April 30: Job Seekers: Using the Internet Effectively for Your Job Search, 6 -8 p.m. - FREE
Registration is required to attend “Meridian @ Your Library.” To register, visit the library’s website at http://library.stillwater.org/computer_classes.php and use the “Register Here” link, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Help Desk at 405-372-3633 x8106.
Individuals that want more information about Meridian’s Computer Training Services can call 405-377-3333 or visit http://www.meridiantech.edu.
Individuals who need one-on-one or immediate computer assistance can also take advantage of the library’s free computer and technology tutoring services. Contact the library’s Help Desk to make an appointment.
The Stillwater Public Library is located at 1107 S. Duck St. Library hours are Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.