Use the libraries nooks, eBooks, computer programs, and newspapers to find your next job.
Books & Newspapers
- Computer Skills Row One (Non-fiction 004 & 005)
- Exploring Careers Row Two (Non-fiction 331)
- Personal Finances Row Two (Non-fiction 332)
- Resumes & Interviewing Row Four (Non-fiction 650.14)
- Home & Small Businesses Next to Row Four (Non-fiction 658)
- Local papers, Tulsa World, and Oklahoman
- Free high speed internet and wireless service (100 mps)
- 23 computers. Each includes Microsoft Word, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, and Frontpage
- Printing is available for .10 per page
- Free scanning available via copiers
|DATABASE||DESCRIPTION||LIBRARY LINK||REMOTE LINK||USER NAME & PASSWORD|
Testing & Education Reference Center
ENDING SOON! This service expire Feb. 1, 2015 and will not be renewed. If you have comments about this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online books and practice exams for standardized tests, including job related tests; Excellent resume Builder. NOTE: Use with Mozilla Firefox.
|In Library||Remote||Library card number|
|Auto Repair Reference Center||Repair instructions & wiring diagrams for most auto models back into the 50-60s.||In Library||Remote||Library card number|
|Small Business Reference Center||Forms, online books, articles and videos on most small business topics.||In Library||Remote||Library card number|
|Foundation Directory Online Professional||Search by keyword or browse by geography, fields of interest, donors name, and more for over a million grant opportunities.||In Library||NA||NA|
|Foundation Grants to Individuals Online||Search oundations and charities that provide scholarships, student loans, and research grants to students, artists and researchers.||In Library||NA||NA|
|FirstSearch Worldcat||Borrow educational or technical manuals from other libraries in the U.S. $2.00 per filled request.||In Library||Remote||Authorization No: 100137782
Password: First five digits of library card.
|Ebsco Host||Read full-text magazine articles on different careers and industries.||In Library||Remote||Library card number|
- Oklahoma Job Match (formerly Joblink) (https://www.okjobmatch.com) Oklahoma's Dept. of Commerce new job listing site for positions in Oklahoma.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (http://www.bls.gov/oco)The US Department of Labor's annual publication giving information on job title specific training and education needs, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, job conditions, and information about job market in each state.
- Oklahoma State University Jobs (http://hr.okstate.edu/hr/empopport) Listing of available position and online application.
- Stillwater Businesses and Organizations (http://virtualpet.com/stwlinks) A great local guide to most area business websites. A good tool to use for searching business sites for online job postings. A few links are out of date.
- USA Jobs (https://www.usajobs.gov) Search for federal jobs by position or location.