Interlibrary Loan (Borrowing material from other libraries)
All patrons with a valid library card may borrow materials from other libraries through the Interlibrary Loan service.
Interlibrary loan services will place up to three (3) interlibrary loan requests a week for an individual patron whose fines are below $25.00. Each request placed will be assessed a $2.00 fee payable at the time the item is picked up. Items not picked up will still be assessed a $2.00 fee.
Patrons may check out Interlibrary Loan materials if they have less than $5.00 in fines. Patrons are responsible for any additional charges incurred with the request. Additional interlibrary loan charges may include fines for overdue materials, processing fees, rental fees, photocopy charges, replacement costs, and fees associated with lost or damaged items.
Interlibrary loan requests may be submitted in person at the Library, from the First Search database, or by email at email@example.com.
The information needed to process an ILL request is:
- Borrower Card Number (on back under Barcode)
- Patron Name
- Patron Phone Number
- Type of Item (i.e. book, videocassette etc.)
- Title of Item
- Author of Item
Placing a Request Using FirstSearch
- Titles owned by Stillwater Public Library are not eligible for ILL request, unless the request is for a title in an alternate format (ex. audio, largeprint)
- Before placing a request yourself, items must first be searched in our library catalog to confirm that we do not own it.
- Thank you for helping us reduce duplication and fees.
You may search for the item you would like to borrow in WorldCat in the FirstSearch database. Once you locate the item, click on the "Borrow this item from another library" link and fill in the requested information. Once you submit your request, our ILL department will be notified and will place your request. You will be called when the item is available for you to check it out; however, if you have not received notification within three weeks, we encourage you to contact us about the status of your request.