|Evening Healthy Lungs Class||March 7 at 5:30 p.m.||Yoga for Children is available during class|
|Daytime Healthy Lungs Class||March 8 at 10 a.m.||Yoga for Children is available during class|
|Cooking Class||March 28 at 6 p.m.||Yoga for Children is available during class|
Registration for March classes begins Feb. 15.
- American Lung Association http://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/all-diseases.html A page on the ALA website that lists all of the different lung diseases with links to symptoms, risk factors, and treatments for each.
- MedlinePlus https://medlineplus.gov/lungdiseases.html Extensive links to different types of lung diseases and conditions. Includes symptoms, treatments, tests, and how to live with each condition.
For Help to Quit Smoking
- QuitGuide App (Google Play - iOS) A free app to help you track and recognize when and why you smoke. Includes motivators, tips to deal with cravings, journaling, and progress monitoring.
- SmokeFree.gov https://www.smokefree.gov Heavily focused on tools to help people manage nicotine, withdrawal, slip-ups, and long-term success. Includes a personalized quit plan and suggestions for overcoming specific withdrawal symptoms.
- Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline http://okhelpline.com Oklahoma’s support program can be used by phone or online and includes calls from a coach, helpful emails or texts, a quitting guide, and a short term supply of smoking cessation aids.
- EX http://www.becomeanex.org Site includes an extensive online community of people trying to quit smoking. Provides online support groups and ways to interact with other quitters.
- MedlinePlus https://medlineplus.gov/quittingsmoking.html Videos, tools, and information pages on all aspects of quitting smoking.
- Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/asthma/basics/definition/con-20026992 Short and to the point description of the condition, treatment, causes, and prevention.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America http://www.centerwatch.com/ctrc/aafa/ List of current clinical trials for asthma, smoking cessation, and other lung conditions.
- National Institute of Health https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/copd Government website on COPD facts including causes, symptoms, treatment, prevention and more.
- MedlinePlus https://medlineplus.gov/copd.html Medline Plus site with links to information on COPD, including resources in Spanish and video resources.