GrankseekingThe library no longer has funding to support the Grantseeking database, Foundation Directory Online. Below are free sites that will assist with grantseeking.
Learn about grantwriting, fundraising, and other topics by taking free, self-paced webinars from the Foundation Center.
The recorded webinars can be found at grantspace.org. Some of the recorded webinars include:
- Introduction to Finding Grants Online
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders.
- Before You Seek A Grant Checklist for New Nonprofits
This class is designed for new nonprofits or community groups with very little experience in grantseeking. We focus specifically on foundation fundraising.
- Proposal Writing Basics
For those new to proposal writing, this class covers how the proposal fits into the overall grantseeking process, what to include in a standard proposal to a foundation, tips for making each section of your proposal stronger, and more.
- Proposal Budgeting Basics
This webinar covers budgeting issues for the novice grantseeker.
- Demystifying the 990-PF
Learn how to get the most out of a private foundation's Form 990-PF.
- Introduction to Fundraising Planning Webinar
Learn a basic planning process for diversifying your organization's support.
OTHER HELPFUL WEBSITES
- Foundation Center & GrantSpace
The Foundation Center's website provides online tutorials, training and tips on all areas of fundraising and philanthropy including proposal writing, budgeting, non-profit management and much more.
- Philanthropy News Digest
PND is a daily news service of the Foundation Center which philanthropy-related articles and features culled from print and electronic media outlets nationwide.
Grants.gov is your source to find and apply for federal grants. Grants.gov does not provide personal financial assistance.
- Oklahoma Extension Development Resources
The primary purpose of this blog is to catalog on-the-web grants and resources of relevance to Oklahoma communities.
BOOKS - The following items are located in the reference section and available for use in the library.
- The Foundation directory (REF 361.7 FOU)
- The Foundation directory Part 2 (REF 361.7 FOU)
- Foundation grants to individuals (REF 361.76 FOU)
- Securing your organization's future: a complete guide to fundraising strategies (REF 658.15 SEL)
- The 21st century nonprofit: managing in the age of governance by Firstenberg, Paul B. (REF 658.048 FIR)
- After the grant (REF 658.15 AFT)
- America's nonprofit sector: a primer by Salamon, Lester M. (REF 361.7 SAL)
- The board member's book: making a difference in voluntary organizations by O'Connell, Brian (REF 361.7 OCO)
- The Foundation Center's guide to proposal writing by Geever, Jane C. (REF 658.15 GEE)
- Foundation fundamentals (REF 361.7 FOU)
- Grantseeker's guide to winning proposals by Margolin, Judith B. (REF 658.15 MAR)
- Guia para escribir propuestas by Geever, Jane C. (REF 658.15 GEE)
- International grantmaking IV: an update on U.S. foundation trends (REF 361.7 INT)
- Social justice grantmaking II: an update on U.S. foundation trends (REF 658.152 SOC)
- The Foundation Directory Supplement (361.7 FOU)
- Foundations and Public Policy: Leveraging Philanthropic Dollars, Knowledge, and Networks for Greater Impact (REF 361.7 FOU)
- Guide to Funding for International & Foreign Programs (REF 361.7 GUI)
- National Directory of Corporate Giving (REF 361.763 NAT)