Getting Help (Checked 10/19/20 @ 3:50 pm)
- Our Daily Bread (701 E. 12th) - Tuesdays 2-6 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3rd Saturdays 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Food boxes to go. Bring an ID and proof of Payne County residence (if different than what's on your ID)
- Salvation Army (1101 S. Lowry) - Mon.-Fri. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. - Food boxes, call for pick up time 405-372-1554
- Serving free dinner meals for children 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday Lunch truck distributing meals to Stillwater and surrounding communities.
- Mobile Meals - Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Continues to provide lunches to current clients. Volunteers are also providing groceries to clients. No new volunteers are being accepted
- First Methodist Church Community Dinner (400 W. 7th) - Thursdays, 5:00-6:00 p.m. Get meals to go.
- Presbyterian Brunch (524 Duncan) - Saturdays at 11 a.m. Get meals to go. Check their calendar.
- Oklahoma Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - Monthly benefit to buy food based on the size of household, income, and expenses. Click here to apply.
RENT & MORTGAGE
- Eviction Moratorium - Information from the Marketplace on what this means to renters and eligibility requirements. Declaration to landlord instructions and form from Oklahoma Legal Aid. More in depth information from the National Housing Law Project
- Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency - Accepting applications for rental assistance.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - In partnership with the Federal Housing Finance Agency and the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development have resources to help homeowners and renters during COVID-19
- Freddie Mac - Get info about assistance to homeowners & renters facing financial hardships due to COVID-19
- Fannie Mae - Access their COVID-19 portal for homeowners and renters
- City of Stillwater - Customers should call the customer service at (405) 742-8245 to set-up payment plans.
- Oklahoma Natural Gas - has a list of available resources.
- Central Electric Cooperative - If you have utility services through Central Electric Cooperative and have been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, you can call the office at 405-372-2884 to discuss assistance options.
- Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP) - OK Dept. of Human Services has made changes to their program to help eligible Oklahomans pay their utility bills. Apply and get more info at OKDHSLive.org.
- AT&T - Waiving home Internet data overage charges for AT&T Internet customers through September 30. Internet access for qualifying limited income households through the Access from AT&T program.
- Lifeline - Offers discounted phone and broadband internet service to eligible low-income subscribers.
- Other companies like T-Mobile, US Cellular, Cricket, Boost Mobile, Verizon are expanding data, waiving activation fees, offering payment plans, and providing a variety of other services.
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc., can help with unemployment applications and appeals, evictions and foreclosures, applying for ACA health insurance, and other services. Apply for help online or at 888-534-5243.
- OKLaw.org has information and links to useful legal forms.
- NOLO Legal Guides - Covers the law and your legal rights during COVID-19 on a wide variety of topics including foreclosure, debt management, immigration, estate planning, and many more.