Getting Help (Updated 5/24/20 @ 5:45 pm)
- Our Daily Bread (701 E. 12th) - Tuesdays 2-6 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 3rd Saturdays 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Food boxes to go. Bring an ID and proof of Payne County residence (if different than what's on your ID)
- Salvation Army (1101 S. Lowry) - Mon.-Fri. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. - Food boxes, call for pick up time 405-372-1554
- Serving free dinner meals for children 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Stillwater Public Schools (various locations & bus delivery) - Free lunches & breakfasts for ALL children on Tuesdays and Thursdays, also working with Baylor University bringing emergency Meals to you
- Mobile Meals - Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Continues to provide lunches to current clients. Volunteers are also providing groceries to clients. No new volunteers are being accepted
- First Methodist Church Community Dinner (400 W. 7th) - Thursdays, 5:00-6:00 p.m. Get meals to go.
- Presbyterian Brunch (524 Duncan) - Saturdays at 11 a.m. Get meals to go. Check their calendar.
- Oklahoma Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - Monthly benefit to buy food based on the size of household, income, and expenses.
RENT & MORTGAGE
- Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency - Accepting applications for rental assistance.
- Freddie Mac - Get details about their assistance to homeowners and renters facing financial hardships due to COVID-19
- Fannie Mae - Access their COVID-19 portal for homeowners and renters
- City of Stillwater - Stillwater Utilities will resume utility disconnections on June 2. Late fees and penalties will be charged again beginning July 6. Read more here. Customers should call the customer service at (405) 742-8245 to set-up payment plans.
- Oklahoma Natural Gas - Offering help through their Cares Program
- Central Electric Cooperative - If you have utility services through Central Electric Cooperative and have been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, you can call the office at 405-372-2884 to discuss assistance options.
- Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP) - OK Dept. of Human Services has made changes to their program to help eligible Oklahomans pay their utility bills. Apply and get more info at OKDHSLive.org.
- Keep Americans Connected Initiative - The FCC's list of broadband and phone service providers to pledge to ensure Americans do not lose connectivity as a result of COVID-19.
- Chickasaw - Will not cut off service for nonpayment.
- AT&T - Offering assistance for those experiencing economic hardship. Also offering internet access for qualifying limited income households through the Access from AT&T program.
- Suddenlink - Offering broadband free until the end of the 2019-2020 school year to any new household in their service area with K-12/college students who currently don't have internet access. Learn more.
- Lifeline - Offers discounted phone and broadband internet service to eligible low-income subscribers.
- Other phone companies like Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Cricket, Boost Mobile, Verizon are expanding data, waiving activation fees, offering payment plans, providing a variety of other services.
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc., can help with unemployment applications and appeals, evictions and foreclosures, applying for ACA health insurance, and other services. Apply for help online or at 888-534-5243.
- OKLaw.org has information and links to useful legal forms.
- NOLO Legal Guides - Covers the law and your legal rights during COVID-19 on a wide variety of topics including foreclosure, debt management, immigration, estate planning, and many more.