Finances (Checked 4/11/21 @ 3:10 pm)
TIPS & USEFUL INFO
- Unemployment - Apply for unemployment insurance to receive financial assistance
- Social Security - Assistance is available online or by calling 800-772-1213.
- Federal Student Aid - Coronavirus Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents has been extended until at least September 2021.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus pandemic
ECONOMIC STIMULUS PAYMENTS
- IRS: Past Stimulus Checks- If you didn't get your first or second stimulus payments, you may be eligible for the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit. You must file a 2020 tax return to receive payments.
- Third Stimulus Check? - Information on the status of a third stimulus payment from CNET
- What to Do if You Haven't Received Your Stimulus Payment - A NOLO guide
- Federal Trade Commission - Explains what they're doing to prevent COVID-19 scams & gives consumer tips
- Economic Impact Payment Scams - IRS gives citizens tips on how to protect their information and finances
- Avoid Coronavirus Phishing Scams - Consumer Reports guide for COVID-19 email scams
- Common Scams Tracking - City of Stillwater details on recent COVID-19 scam alerts and how to avoid them