Finances (Checked 5/24/20 @ 2:10 pm)
TIPS & USEFUL INFO
- Unemployment - Apply for unemployment insurance to receive financial assistance
- Social Security - Assistance is available online or by calling 800-772-1213.
- Federal Student Aid - Coronavirus Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus pandemic
- The New York Times has a great list that breaks down the new paid leave law, social security assistance, questions you may have about your 401K, homeowner help, and more.
- The IRS breaks down what you need to know about stimulus payments. Look for updates and check your payment status on their Coronavirus Tax Relief Page
- Forbes Stimulus Payment Calculator
- Federal Trade Commission - Explains what they're doing to prevent COVID-19 scams & gives consumer tips
- Economic Impact Payment Scams - IRS gives citizens tips on how to protect their information and finances
- Avoid Coronavirus Phishing Scams - Consumer Reports guide for COVID-19 email scams
- Price Gouging Now Illegal in Oklahoma - Attorney General Hunter said the statute allows his office to pursue charges against individuals or businesses that engage in price gouging.
- The IRS has announced that the deadline for filing and paying federal taxes has been extended to July 15, 2020.
- Oklahoma has also extended the deadline for filing and paying taxes to July 15, 2020.
- The Library's tax page lists additional information including links to forms, free online filing options, numbers to call to request forms, and helpful websites.
- If you need help preparing your taxes, some online and local options are available. Click here for a list.