Finances (Checked 8/4/20 @ 4:46 pm)
TIPS & USEFUL INFO
- Unemployment - Apply for unemployment insurance to receive financial assistance
- Social Security - Assistance is available online or by calling 800-772-1213.
- Federal Student Aid - Coronavirus Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus pandemic
- The New York Times has a great list that breaks down the new paid leave law, social security assistance, questions you may have about your 401K, homeowner help, and more.
- Will There Be a Second Stimulus Check? Information on the status of a second stimulus payment from Forbes.
- What to Do if You Haven't Received Your Stimulus Payment - A NOLO guide
- Federal Trade Commission - Explains what they're doing to prevent COVID-19 scams & gives consumer tips
- Economic Impact Payment Scams - IRS gives citizens tips on how to protect their information and finances
- Avoid Coronavirus Phishing Scams - Consumer Reports guide for COVID-19 email scams
- Common Scams Tracking - City of Stillwater details on recent COVID-19 scam alerts and how to avoid them