Finances (Checked 7/5/22 @ 10:40 am)
TIPS & USEFUL INFO
- Unemployment - Apply for unemployment insurance to receive financial assistance
- Social Security - Assistance is available online or by calling 800-772-1213.
- Federal Student Aid - Coronavirus Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents has been extended until August 31, 2022.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus pandemic
ECONOMIC STIMULUS PAYMENTS
- You may be eligible to claim a Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 or 2021 federal tax return if you didn't get an Economic Impact Payment or got less than the full amount.
- Federal Trade Commission - Explains what they're doing to prevent COVID-19 scams & gives consumer tips
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Updates, notices, and how to report fraud related to the pandemic
- Office of Inspector General - Public alert about fraud schemes related to COVID-19
- US Department of Justice - How to avoid and report scams
- Common Scams Tracking - City of Stillwater details on recent COVID-19 scam alerts and how to avoid them