What You Can Do (Checked 8/5/20 @7:41 pm)
STAY AT HOME
- How to Protect Yourself & Others - CDC information on handwashing, avoiding close contact, covering your mouth and nose with cloth cover around others, covering coughs/sneezes, etc.
- Stillwater Medical Center - Info on social distancing
- Using Cloth Masks & Face Coverings - The CDC recommends wearing cloth masks when in public because recent studies have shown that a significant portion of individuals with COVID-19 lack symptoms. Learn more here.
- National Recreation & Parks Association - Tips for being careful when out in parks and on trails.
GIVE TO THOSE IN NEED
- If you do volunteer, be safe. The Red Cross gives tips.
- Communities Foundation for Oklahoma - COVID-19 disaster relief fund
- Oklahoma Red Cross - Donate blood and ask about other volunteer opportunities
- Our Daily Bread - Donate to your local food bank
- Volunteer to be a counselor for the Crisis Text Line.
- Reach out to local nonprofits to see how you can best help them.
- Buy Local - Most local businesses are now open. Please consider shopping local when possible to support them.
- Don't forget to complete the 2020 Census! It helps distribute funds for 170+ programs that provide vital services and programs to our community. The money will go somewhere. Make sure Stillwater gets its fair share. Fill it out online, call 844-330-2020, or text "Respond Now" to 313131 for a link and language help
- Learn more about why the census is important to our community.