COVID-19 Information & Response (Updated 3/27 @ 5:30 p.m.)
We are working to figure out how we can operate and best serve the needs of the community with modified services. Read about some of the things we're working on in library director Stacy DeLano's closure letter. For a list of current library services and updates click here.
Making sure that you have access to accurate and up-to-date information is our top priority. If you have questions please do not hesitate to call us at (405) 372-3633 x8106, email us at email@example.com or message us on Facebook. We are here to help you find information. If we do not have answers, we will help direct you to someone who does.
This is a difficult time for everyone. If you need help with finances, access to food, etc. Click here for our full list of resources during COVID-19.
- City of Stillwater News - Follow the City's News Page and their Coronavirus Updates & Information Page to keep informed about the steps the City is taking to prevent the spread of the virus including resolutions, useful information and more. You can also find information and ask questions at Speak Up Stillwater.
- Stillwater Medical Center - Get updates about modified patient and visitor hours and procedures.
- Payne County Health Department - Locations, contact information and hours for Stillwater and Cushing clinics.
- Oklahoma State University Coronavirus Update - OSU is conducting classes online for the Stillwater and Tulsa campuses for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. OSU Transit is suspending all services through April 15, including Stillwater and campus transit services, The Ramp (para-transit service) and The BOB (shuttle service to OSU-Tulsa).
- Stillwater Public Schools Coronavirus Information - In accordance with the Oklahoma Board of Education's requirements, Stillwater Public School buildings will be closed for the remainder of the school year. The district is working towards distance learning for students by April 6.
- Stillwater News Press - Get local news updates. COVID-19 related news has no paywall.
- Visit Stillwater - Find out which local restaurants are open and offering curbside pickup, delivery, and carryout.
- Stillwater Chamber of Commerce - Links to resources including a Chamber created guide to help you apply for a Small Business Administration's Disaster Loan Program. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for more business resources.
OTHER HEALTH RESOURCES
- Oklahoma Health Department - Call the Coronavirus Call Center at 877-215-8336 or 211 with questions. The Call Center is now open 24 hours and can connect with Spanish interpreters.
- KOSU Coronavirus in Oklahoma - Updated as new info about COVID-19 in Oklahoma is released
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Coronavirus Symptoms: Defining Mild, Moderate and Severe - NPR describes the varying levels of symptoms
- Rolling Updates on Covid-19 - WHO's most recent global information
- What To Do If You Are Sick - CDC's instructions for those who are ill
- Disinfecting Your Home - CDC's instructions on disinfecting your home when someone is ill
- Best Practices - CDC's guide for offices, schools, homes, & businesses
- Covid-19 FAQ - CDC's answers to frequently asked questions
RESOURCES FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
- Administration for Community Living (ACL) - What do older adults and people with disabilities need to know?
- CDC Info on At-Risk - Who is at higher risk, and what should you do
COPING WITH ANXIETY
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) - Managing COVID-19 anxiety, including articles and more
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSA) - Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks
- If you need help now click here for places to call and additional mental health resources.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS & KIDS
- National Association of School Psychologists - Talking to Children About COVID-19; resources in Spanish, Chinese, & more.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network - Various resources for dealing with trauma during a pandemic
- NPR for Kids - Comic-style zine about the Coronavirus
- Conscious Discipline- 5 Helpful Responses for Families
- PBS - How to talk to your kids about Coronavirus, including links to informative videos featuring PBS
- Online Museum Tours - Listing of digital art and museum tours
- National Recreation and Parks Association - Guidance for social distancing while using parks & open spaces
- Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU) - live and interactive dashboard tracker showing confirmed cases, recoveries, etc. by country
- Novel Coronavirus Tracking from HealthMap, Harvard Medical School, & Others
- Novel Coronavirus Situation Dashboard - Interactive dashboard/map from the World Health Organization
- Oklahoma Red Cross - How to volunteer, be safe while volunteering during COVID-19, donate blood & more.
- Communities Foundation for Oklahoma - COVID-19 disaster relief fund
- Federal Trade Commission - What they're doing to prevent COVID-19 scams and tips for consumers
- Consumer Reports - How to Avoid Coronavirus Phishing Scams
- Price Gouging Now Illegal in Oklahoma - Attorney General Hunter said the statute allows his office to pursue charges against individuals or businesses that engage in price gouging.
- Common Scams and How to Report Them - A comprehensive list created by the City of Stillwater
AT-HOME LEARNING & FUN FOR ADULTS
- The library has a list of additional free reading resources, virtual meeting resources, online classes (including exercise and cooking), and streaming concerts. Click here to view.