Cover computer basics with Merdian @ your library this fall
(STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA / Aug. 12, 2019) – Meridian Technology Center (MTC) and Stillwater Public Library are partnering once again to bring low-cost computer classes to community members. “Meridian @ Your Library” takes place from Aug. 20-Dec. 13 at the library.
The schedule focuses on Windows 10 topics and a few Microsoft Office basics. Classes include:
- Aug. 20: Creating Simple Documents in Microsoft Word, 5:30-7:30 p.m. - FREE
- Aug. 27: Formatting Documents in Microsoft Word, 5:30-7:30 p.m. - $15
- Aug. 30: Getting Started in Windows 10, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - FREE
- Sept. 6: Using the Photo App, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $15
- Sept. 10: Creating Simple Spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, 5:30-7:30 p.m. - $15
- Oct. 4: Using the Email App, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $15
- Oct. 11: Using the Internet, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $15
- Nov. 15: Videos, TV & Music, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $15
- Nov. 22: Video Calls with Skype, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $15
- Dec. 6: Using File Explorer, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - FREE
- Dec. 13: Avoiding Viruses and Scams, 9:30-11:30 a.m. - $15
There are a few changes to how the classes are being taught this time around.
“We are trying to create a comprehensive program for people to learn how to use multiple aspects of their Windows 10 computers” said Kim Strom, Coordinator of Computer Training Services at MTC. “They are structured to work together, or separately, so you can pick and choose only the lessons you would like to learn.”
Another change this fall is the inclusion of a one-time book charge of $17. The same book will be used for all of the class lessons. Fees listed for classes are in addition to the book charge.
“The book gives attendees something to refer back to.” Strom said. “The library will also have a few copies of the book that can be borrowed if the cost is prohibitive. Just be sure to check with the library’s adult help desk.”
Class participants are encouraged to bring their own Windows 10 laptops if possible. There are a limited number available to use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Registration is required. Use the “Sign-up here” link at http://library.stillwater.org/computer_classes.php or call MTC’s Computer Training Services at (405) 377-3333.
Find information about Stillwater Public Library programs, including free one-on-one computer and technology tutoring at http://library.stillwater.org.