- Costumes must be PG and family friendly (Applies even if you are not in the contest).
- Costumes can be purchased or handmade though judges may award higher points to costumes that were made by the competitor.
- Contestants may compete as individuals or groups. Groups will compete in the age category of the oldest member of the group
- Brief stage performances are welcome, but please leave the stage as you found it, ie no confetti, etc.
- Treat all fellow contestants, judges, and LexiCon staff with respect.
- Decisions made by the judges and LexiCon staff are final.
Weapon guidelines (Applies even if you are not in the contest)
- Bladed weapons must
- not be made of metal
- not have a sharpened edge
- not have a sharp point
- No pocket knives will be allowed
- Projectile firing weapons must be either
- obviously non-functional (doesn’t shoot anything) or
- not harmful (just shoots Nerf) and unloaded
- No real guns, Airsoft, BB, blow guns, Paintball guns, etc. allowed in!
- No live ammunition is allowed at LexiCon.
- Costume destructive devices (grenades, etc) must be
- obviously not real
- obviously not functional
- Nothing explosive is allowed in any of the LexiCon buildings.
- Bows may have a string OR be accompanied by arrows (but not both)
- Any arrows must
- Have any sharp tips removed
- Be bound together in a quiver
Remember—Library staff and designated weapons checkers have final say. If we are not comfortable with a weapon, if we can’t tell if it is real, or if it might pose a danger, you will not be allowed to bring it into the event--not even for the competition.
Cosplayers will compete in one of the following age categories:
- Children (0-12)
- Teens (13-17)
- Adults (18 and over)
The following prizes will be awarded in each age division for:
- 1st place overall--$50 gift card
- 2nd place overall--$25 gift card
- 3rd place overall--$10 gift card
- Judge's choice
- Best found/purchased costume
- Best prop
- Best stage presence/performance