- All contestants MUST be present for the cosplay meeting happening at 2:30 pm in the library Auditorium.
- Costumes must be PG and family friendly (Applies even if you are not in the contest).
- Costumes can be bought or handmade.
- Contestants may compete as individuals or groups.
- Brief stage performances are welcome, but please leave the stage as you found it, ie no confetti, etc.
- Treat all fellow contestants, judges, and Lexicon staff with respect.
- The points the judges will be judging on are as follows, for a total of 100 points:
- Construction (how well your costume is made)
- Accuracy (how much your costume looks like the original source material)
- Interview (how well you describe how you made/bought your costume)
- On stage presentation
- Decisions made by the judges and Lexicon staff are final.
Weapon guidelines (Applies even if you are not in the contest)
- Bladed weapons must
- not be made of metal
- not have a sharpened edge
- not have a sharp point
- No pocket knives will be allowed
- Projectile firing weapons must be either
- obviously non-functional (doesn’t shoot anything) or
- not harmful (just shoots Nerf) and unloaded
- No real guns, Airsoft, BB, blow guns, Paintball guns, etc. allowed in!
- No live ammunition is allowed at LexiCon.
- Costume destructive devices (grenades, etc) must be
- obviously not real
- obviously not functional
- Nothing explosive is allowed in any of the LexiCon buildings.
- Bows may have a string OR be accompanied by arrows (but not both)
- Any arrows must
- Have any sharp tips removed
- Be bound together in a quiver
Remember—Library staff and designated weapons checkers have final say. If we are not comfortable with a weapon, if we can’t tell if it is real, or if it might pose a danger, you will not be allowed to bring it into the event.
Prizes for best Cosplay will be awarded to contestants in the following age categories:
- Children (0-12)
- Teens (13-17)
- Adults (18 and over)
Prizes for cosplay winners include:
- Children - TBD
- Teens - TBD
- Adults - TBD