Update: The library is not currently offering Meridian computer and technology classes. Virtual one-on-one tutoring is available.
Meridian @ your library:
Meridian Technology Center frequently partners with the Stillwater Public Library to provide low-cost computer and phone classes for beginners and seniors. Topics covered include: Windows 10 Basics, Creating Simple Documents in Microsoft Word, Using Email, Using the Internet, and more.
Meridian also offers a wide variety of computer classes at their facility. For information about short-term computer classes offered at Meridian Technology Center, view their online catalog or contact their Computer Training Services at 405-377-3333.
Free one-on-one tutoring:
The library offers FREE one-on-one technology learning sessions to individuals. We are currently providing virtual tutoring options, which can include using a computer in the library with virtual librarian assistance. Contact Emily to set up an appointment, by email, or by calling 405-372-3633 x8102.
Technology learning sessions can cover a wide array of topics from beginning to high-intermediate computer and software use. For example:
- Beginning computer use, such as mousing, parts of a computer, turning on a computer
- Microsoft programs like Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Using mobile devices like iPhones, Android phones, or Kindle Fires
- Using the internet
- Setting up an email account
- Using Facebook or Twitter
- Using the Oklahoma Virtual Library to borrow e-books and e-audiobooks