Armchair sail among the British Virgin Islands at "Making the Most of Retirement" on Jan. 15
(STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA / Jan. 7, 2020) – Retired OSU professor Larry Hoberock will take participants on an adventure “Sailing Among the British Virgin Islands” with his presentation at “Making the Most of Retirement” on Jan. 15. The recurring series for retirees takes place on the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. at the Stillwater Public Library.
Hoberock will share the insights he discovered while traveling in the British Virgin Islands.
“There are vast differences island to island,” Hoberock said. “And the history of colonization by the European powers, the battles fought among them and the trading based on island production is intriguing.”
As a seasoned traveler, Hoberock encourages others to make the time to travel as well.
“Traveling overseas allows you to experience different cultures. It broadens the mind and builds tolerance for cultural differences,” Hoberock said. “Visiting other places makes one more appreciative of what we have here.”
“Making the Most of Retirement” is coordinated by the OSU Emeriti Association and addresses topics of interest to retirees as well as those considering retirement.
The spring 2020 schedule includes:
- Feb. 19 – “Sustainability at OSU” with Ilda Hershey
- Mar. 18 – “Does My DNA Provide Clues to Possible Health Conditions” with Jeff Hadwiger
- Apr. 15 – “Why Stillwater is a Great Place to Retire” with Justin Minges
- May 20 – “Stillwater Medical Center Home Health” with Maria Avers
- June 17 – “Defensive Driving” with Police Captain Kyle Gibbs