Libraries Rock! for Adults
Ages 16 and up are eligible to participate in the adult summer reading program. You must be a Payne County resident, go to school in Payne County, or live within 30 miles of Stillwater to participate in reading for prizes.
Please register online with Wandoo beginning May 11. You can track all of your reading online using your Wandoo account, or you can request a paper tracker at the help desk.
- Thursday, June 07 (6:30 p.m.): Music & Wine Pairings. Clayton Bahr, wine expert and host of “Tasting Notes” on The Spy FM, explains how to pair music with different types of wine to make dinners and get-togethers a success. No wine will be served.
- Sunday, June 17 (2-4 p.m.): Father's Day. Kids and Dads (or other male figures) work together to make musical instruments out of PVC and other materials, while mom gets a day off to rest. Registration required online or at the Help Desk.
- Tuesday, June 19 (6:30 p.m.): Hip Hop Music Appreciation. Want to know more about hip-hop and rap? Members of the Oklahoma Zulus, an international hip-hop awareness organization, will discuss its history, the movements that inspired its inception, and the musical styles that made hip-hop and rap music possible.
- Wednesday, June 27 (10 a.m.): Music for Babies. KinderMusik teacher Judith Mitchell shows parents and babies interactive music and movement activities that enhance age-appropriate brain development. Appropriate for babies Birth to 15 months.
- July 9-15 (Days and times will vary): Music Escape Room. Get a small group together to look for clues and solve puzzles to escape a musically themed room. Reservations required. Sign-up begins June 4.
- Thursday, July 19 (6:30 p.m.): Classical Music Appreciation. OSU’s Dr. Mark E. Perry, Asst. Professor of Ethnomusicology and Historical Musicology, explains music history and helps participants learn to appreciate the classics everyone should know.
- Friday, July 27 (7 p.m. AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER): 80s Dance Party Finale Finale. Dancing, prizes, activities and fun for ALL ages!
- June 8: Grease (PG, 1h 50m)
- June 15: Hairspray (2007, PG, 1h 57m
- June 22: Cabaret (PG, 2h)
- June 29: Singin' in the Rain (G, 1h 53m)
- July 6: No movie
- July 13: The Wiz (G, 2h 15m)
- July 20: La La Land (PG-13, 2h 8m)
Every 5 Hours of Reading: You will receive one entry into the grand prize drawing plus a smaller incentive prize (while supplies last). Options will include $1 fine coupons, extra grand prize entries, and some additional TOTALLY AWESOME prizes, including:
- 80s themed slap bracelets
- Ear plugs
- Pop Rocks
- $1 fine coupons
- Summer logo t-shirt coupon (take coupon & blank shirt to Chris' to have logo applied for free).
- Free drink coupon for Simplicity & Co.
Grand Prizes: You can enter your reading until Friday, July 27 at 12 pm. At that time we will compile all grand prize entries and draw for a winner. The grand prize winner will get to pick one item from the following list (all valued at approximately $200). We will announce the winner by 5 pm on Friday, July 27.
- Gift Certificate to Ticketmaster
- Two Allied Arts Season Passes
- Gift Certificate to Daddy O's
- Gift Certificate to a Local Downtown Business of Choice
- A 6-Month Subscription to Vinyl Me Please
- Bose Quiet Comfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones