Senior Vaccination Assistance (SVA)
The Library is helping Stillwater seniors without access to technology register for the Oklahoma COVID-19 Vaccination Portal and search for and book appointments. Please direct questions about SVA to the Library Help Desk at (405) 372-3633 x8106, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have limited staff time, so we need to ensure that the service is reserved for seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Stillwater resident
- Age 65 or older
- Able to accept an appointment at any time or day of the week
- Do not have continuing access to computer or smartphone and internet
- Do not have a friend or family member who can regularly help with searching
- The Oklahoma State Health Department (OSHD) has videos that demonstrate how to register on the portal and the appointment booking process. Access them both here.
- OSHD requires appointments to be added during a specific time frame: Wednesdays after 5 pm and Thursday mornings. This is a good time to check for appointments, although they can still pop up at other times.
- Check often. Knowing the times appointments are entered helps, but sometimes cancelations occur or changes are made.
- Get alerted via text or email when new appointments are added. Visit vaccine-alerts.com to sign-up to receive text alerts, email alerts, and to view an availability map. Note: The Vaccine Alerts website is in no way connected to the OSHD, nor can the agency verify the accuracy of the information contained within it.
- Are you willing to drive out of Stillwater or Payne County? Extending your search parameters will show appointments in other locations and may increase your chances of getting a vaccination sooner.
- OSU is offering vaccination appointments to alumni living in Payne, Creek, Kay, Lincoln, Noble, Pawnee, and Osage counties. Call (405) 744-7665 to check on appointments.
- Download a printable copy of our tip sheet here.